What is a hot stone massage?
Hot stone massage means a relaxing full body massage with body oil and warm, smooth basalt stones of different sizes. The basalt stones used in hot stone massage are lava stones formed in volcanic eruptions that store heat well, and they slide smoothly on oiled skin. Hot stone massage is an enjoyable and comprehensive treatment in which the heat and touch result in a release of endorphins.
What are the effects of a hot stone massage?
• In the massage, heat reaches deep within the muscles, which multiplies the effects compared to a regular massage.
• Muscle tensions disappear.
• Heat and energy increase the metabolism of skin and stimulate the blood and lymph circulation of the body.
• The circulation of lymph increases.
• Waste products are removed more effectively.
• The body and mind relax.
• Stress, exhaustion and insomnia are relieved.
• The skin is treated with a nourishing oil.
For whom is hot stone massage suitable?
Hot stone massage is suitable for everyone who can have a traditional massage. Hot stone massage is an excellent relaxation treatment and a great choice for a gift card.
When is it not possible to get a hot stone massage?
The contraindications of hot stone massage include all illnesses with reduced ability to feel or tolerate heat, either locally or all over the body. The massage cannot be done on those with varicose veins, diabetes, heart disease, and it should not be done on skin that has become thinner. The normal contraindications of massage also prevent hot stone massage. Such contraindications include infectious skin diseases, inflammation, fever and the flu.